Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gettin’ dirty

Since the rest of my yard is already torn up yard in progress 004 due to the hubby’s desire to add a new water line and a sprinkler systemyard in progress 003 and because we have had to rip out part of the concrete patio, we have decided to go ahead and rip the rest of it out as well…it was rather awkward anyway. However, that decision has left us without a place to put a table and chairs and since we love to be outdoors during the warmer months, the lack of such a place simply would not do. Therefore, I started a whole other project: install an old brick patio.

Step one: outline where the new patio will go.Memorial Day weekend 09 052

Step two: begin taking out the grass and excess dirt.Memorial Day weekend 09 054 Step three: after removing all of the grass, roughly level out circle.yard in progress 001

13 comments:

Amalie said...

So exciting!

twinkle teaches said...

My bathroom is torn up right now...I am impatient--I wish I could clone DH so it could get done in a day!! :)
tina

Cerulean Bill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cerulean Bill said...

Did you use a power tool to get the sod up, or the old 'jam a pitch fork and lift' technique?

Melinda said...

Bill, for this project I used a shovel. The area was not too big and it just seemed like the best, and cheapest, way to go. I have used the sod remover before and let me tell you it was well worth the rental fees!!

Alice said...

when you get done there, can you come to my house next? - just kidding, sort of :O)

Plumbing fittings said...

when you get done there, can you come to my house next? - just kidding, sort of
Thank you for post..

Hep20 pushfit said...

when you get done there, can you come to my house next? - just kidding, sort of :O)

plumbing said...

I hope it would turn out well. At some point I am afraid to do some improvement in our yard because I am afraid that it wouldn't turn out well.

Shop Fitters Brisbane said...

The post is very nicely written and it contains many useful facts. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement. Thanks for sharing with us.

Barcelona Apartamentos said...

It took me time to read all the tips, but I clearly loved the post. It proved to be very helpful to me and I’m certain to all of the commenters here!

Corporate Housing Barcelona said...

Some of these are pretty cool. If would respect the list more if it weren’t so mac centric however. Nice list either way…

Barcelona Apartamentos said...

Some of these are pretty cool. If would respect the list more if it weren’t so mac centric however. Nice list either way…