Monday, October 13, 2008

One down

I can now mark "new roof" off of my project list! Actually, I could have marked it off a little over a week ago but I have been neglectful when it comes to this blog...my sincerest apologies.

Anyway, I guess I owe my husband all of the credit because the roof really does look lovely; although, with the nice new roof my house looks even more desperate for a paint job. Oh well, maybe next year. For right now though, I am going to revel in the fact that I no longer have to worry about leaking roofs, insurance woes, or indecisiveness (at least where roof shingles are concerned...paint colors are a whole different story).
Here is the before:
And here is the after:
For those of you who follow along, we did not add the porch at this time because we discovered more evidence of a previous spotted problem -
Oh, how I love termites! So apparently, our previous "spot treatment" did not work as we had hoped it would and now we are left with paying the more expensive company to come out and treat the entire house.

8 comments:

Amalie said...

It looks fantastic! And we said exactly the same thing about our roof-- it made the peeling trim and the dirty brick look only worse. Oh well; I guess we can't have everything!

We sucked it up and had the house treated for termites and bought a policy. Oh, how I hated to do it. But now we know we won't fall through the floor. At least not because of the bugs. Because of something we screw up? Perhaps. But because of the bugs? I think we're safe.

Liz Brack said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about the termites. I also hate them.
Before we moved into our home we had a local guy come by to make sure it was free and clear of bugs. He gave us an all clear. About 4 days after we moved in I found holes in the wall....
We were not so happy with him!!
I've heard someone say before, "there's two kids of houses. Those with termites and those that will get termites." So maybe its best to just get it over with now...?

Melinda said...

Thanks, Amalie! I kind of like it too : ) And as for the termite thing...I can think of soooo many other things I would rather spend my money on than bugs!

Liz - I bet your local guy and my local guy are one-in-the-same...we'll have to swap stories sometime. In the end, did you buy a termite policy too?

Lynn Valdez said...

WOW I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS HOUSE. You do have a craftsman. I will follow this more closely, and hopefully I can steal some ideas. We just started a remodel on our kitchen. It is quite the eyesore. You have inspired me to take before and after photos. HOW FUN! LOVE YOU!!!!

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

yep lovimng it for sure thanks for checking in and saying hey!

I so love this picture!

Unknown said...

Your house is really, really beautiful! Wow.

Unseen India Tours said...

Fantastic Capture !!!

Avery O said...

Nice stuff here! I appreciate hearing your thoughts.